Monday 23 February 2015

Behind Her Eyes- Confidence






Welcome to my series entitled “Behind her Eyes”, a dedication to the many facets of a person I love so much; my sister Deena! She is so entirely beautiful and her personality so complex, she inspires me everyday. This series is my attempt to showcase some aspects of her nature, in hopes that I do her some small form of justice. In hopes that this series transcends to highlight just how wonderful and multidimensional of a person she really is; in hopes some glimmer of it resonates.

Deena is an avid 'naturalista'. She loves her natural hair and embraces that side of her racial heritage fully. She was the first one of us girls (my mother and myself) to make the decision to cut off her relaxed hair and start fresh. In my eyes this 'naturalness' is mirrored in her attitude towards life. I admire her realness, her capacity to unabashedly express her opinions with conviction. She inspires me to be brave everyday, however but also to be kind.

This look was inspired by these qualities. The earthy tones used are reminiscent of her robust personality, while the golden tribal accent on her forehead is worn with confidence.


No comments:

Post a Comment