Tuesday 2 June 2015

Lip Service: Guide to Lip Prep


 Lip looks are having a major beauty moment. With the rise in super matte liquid lipsticks, new glosses and liners on the market; lip products are selling like hotcakes and bold lips are very requested by makeover clients. They are a win for me because focusing on perfecting the skin and a bold lip colour is effortless and saves time when you're in a rush. I love lipsticks, always have and always will; so lip care is very important. Here are my top tips for priming and aftercare of your lips to ensure you have a beautiful lipstick/gloss application and healthy happy lips!

1) Exfoliate. I am sure you have heard me say this a million time. Yes, take 2 seconds to gently remove those dead skin cells off your lips. To do this run your toothbrush over your lips for a couple seconds after brushing your teeth. It will result in smooth healthy lips that allows lipstick and lip gloss to be applied beautifully.

2) Moisturize. Use your favorite lip balm after exfoliation to soften your lips and add that moisture that those ultra matte lipsticks absorb. I prefer to use formulas that are not medicated because they can be drying. I look for organic simple lip moisturizers that contain ingredients like shea butter and jojoba. My favorites to apply before lipstick or gloss are the EOS balms. I typically apply a heavier balm before bed like just shea butter.

3) Sun Protection. Especially if you plan on spending days by the pool or on the beach sun protection is very important. Sun burnt lips are very painful and can result in cracked, sore lips. When this happens you can't wear any lipstick at all. Save yourself the heartache and take the time to care for your lips properly.

Let me know your favorite lip balms!
xoxo
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment